Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Great Hotels of the World
Great Hotels of the World (GHOTW) is a recognized sales & marketing representation company for upscale, independent hotels, currently representing a collection of approximately 60 hotels around the world. Founded in 2004, GHOTW has always been a leader in the MICE segment and now brings world-class technology into the fold to provide an outstanding level of expertise and support.
What is a hotel representation company?
A hotel representation company is like an extended Sales & Marketing team for independent hotels. We complement their sales, marketing, and distribution teams in international markets too vast and/or dispersed for them to cover.
Who are GHOTW's Clients?
Our clients are our Member Hotels – currently approximately 60, mostly independent hotels located around the world, with a strong concentration in Europe, where the majority of hotels continue to be independent and unflagged. Our Account Managers in MICE and Corporate & GDS also work closely with our partners, who include some of the industry’s most sought-after buyers. For example, we offer services including venue sourcing (from our portfolio of hotels) and negotiating the best prices for companies who organize events.
What services does GHOTW offer?
To ensure our member hotels are continually improving performance we provide a full-scale representation brand with international reach. By full-scale we mean:
- International Marketing and PR Services
- Corporate Sales & GDS Sales
- MICE Sales
- Digital Marketing
How is GHOTW Different from its competitors?
- With GuestCentric, a leading state-of-the-art technology provider for independent hotels, GHOTW has gained the capacity to provide its members with preferred access to native technology, so the digital services offered are much more agile.
- The number and target number of member hotels: Unlike other representation companies, the size of our portfolio allows us to have direct contact with our clients so we’re able to develop meaningful and often personal relationships with each one.
- Our membership structure is modular: One size does not fit all when it comes to independent hotels. The increasingly unbundled way of thinking makes sense for independent hotels, so we have created a modular membership that allows members to pick and choose the services they feel will effectively address their unique business needs.
How do GHOTW work with MICE Agencies?
Yes. We have a collection of selected hotels that offer great MICE and leisure facilities. When buyers come to us, they know we can provide a one-stop-shop service to source the ideal hotel and negotiate a win-win-win booking. To ensure that we can guarantee this every time, we provide account management services with account managers located in key destinations for event organizers, and professional and experienced Corporate accounts and GDS sales teams that work directly with our Member Hotels. This way, we ensure responses to requests are tailored exactly to buyers’ needs and wants.
Why doesn't GHOTW have hotels in the US?
- Why don’t you have hotels in the US?
What is the future of independent hotels
As long as hotels embrace technology and are quick to adapt to market conditions, we see an incredibly bright future for independent hotels. Numbers show that consumers increasingly enjoy the authenticity of independent hotels, so with support from partners like Great Hotels of the World providing them with the full arsenal required to compete in global markets, there is plenty of room for independent hotels to thrive.
Why are big brands launching soft brands?
Large hotel brands realize the potential of the independent hotel market, which includes the vast majority of hotels in most countries. However, by their nature, they are huge corporations with a very strong culture and business model of integrated, homogenous hotels – ultimately very different from the unique, personalized properties we represent. In addition to risking their independent identity, these partnerships generally require long-term contracts.
What makes a hotel a GHOTW Hotel?
Although our portfolio is composed of quite distinct properties, the average Great Hotels of the World hotel is an upscale hotel, in a prime location, with 150 + bedrooms, superb business and meeting facilities, and great client reviews. With their good leisure and spa offerings, our member hotels are perfectly positioned to take advantage of the growing “bleisure” market.